Dah lama sebenarnya nak try masak couscous, a dish which is a traditional staple food in parts of Africa, France, Spain, Portugal, Madeira, Italy (particularly in western Sicily's Province of Trapani), as well as in Turkey, Bulgaria, Greece, Malta, Cyprus, parts of the Middle East and India and is eaten in many other parts of the world. It is another form of carbo but somehow it doesn't feel as heavy as rice. Mr Hubs is not particularly fond of it, dia kata rasa macam makan nasi berangin, tak pueh ler tu for a nasi man like him. I love it to bits, so does Syirah. We've made this all-in-one dish a few times already. Do give it a try, it's delicious.
Spicy Chicken with Chickpea Couscous (recipe from waitrose.com)
Ingredients :
400g pack Waitrose Chicken Breast Chunks
1 red onion, sliced
250g cherry tomatoes, halved (I omitted as I didn't have any in stock)
410g can chickpeas, drained
2 tsp Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Crushed Chilli (I substituted with curry powder as well as paprika)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 Kallo Chicken Stock Cubes (I substituted with Maggi chicken cube)
400g Waitrose Wholesome Couscous (I used normal off-the-shelf couscous)
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
20g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped (I used daun ketumbar)
Method :
Ingredients :
400g pack Waitrose Chicken Breast Chunks
1 red onion, sliced
250g cherry tomatoes, halved (I omitted as I didn't have any in stock)
410g can chickpeas, drained
2 tsp Waitrose Cooks’ Ingredients Crushed Chilli (I substituted with curry powder as well as paprika)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 Kallo Chicken Stock Cubes (I substituted with Maggi chicken cube)
400g Waitrose Wholesome Couscous (I used normal off-the-shelf couscous)
Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
20g pack fresh flat-leaf parsley, leaves roughly chopped (I used daun ketumbar)
Method :
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. In a large roasting tin, mix the chicken pieces, red onion, cherry tomatoes and chickpeas with the chilli and olive oil. Season and roast for about 10 minutes.
- Make up the stock with 600ml boiling water. Stir the couscous into the roasting tin followed by the stock, lemon zest and juice. Return to the oven for 15-18 minutes until the stock has been absorbed, the chicken is thoroughly cooked and there is no pink meat.
- Stir the parsley through, using a fork to lightly separate the couscous. Serve with a rocket and watercress salad.
This soya-based chocolate cake/ pudding that I tried some weeks back is from cousin Wiz's blog. Made without any eggs but with the addition of silky tofu, it's absolutely scrumptious. True to the name of the tofu, the end product is so silky and smooth. Best eaten while still hot with a dollop of ice-cream. Happy baking people!
Kakyong!!!! lamanya tak blogging rindu giler ok!
ReplyDeleteKus kus tu menggemukkan tak? ker rasa mcm makan beras poni tu jer. Azam pun sure tak suka sebab tak kenyang.
I love the tofu cake cold! I would make it in a big oven dish and lepas dah masak dish it out jer with a spoon makan ramai2 sorang satu spoon. Best. Thanks for trying!
Dunno la Ija....I suppose if it's carbo it's effect will be like rice. You're right there....like eating beras poni. Probably less fattening than rice coz the kanji content is less. I love the tofu cake too. Makan tanpa henti2x coz dlm kepala rasa macam it's healthy food....who am I kidding kan what with the sugar content and topping!
ReplyDeleteHehehehe, kakyong the topping tu I made it with low fat milk and ada one time tu I just made it with water jer. The chocolate tu you can use the 80percent cocoa content so it is really healthy. You can reduce the sugar too. Apa2 pun this cake is much healthier than any other cake I know.
ReplyDelete