I was in a cooking mood this weekend, rasa macam nak try sa'neka recipe. First on the list was of course Meatloaf Fasha. Memang sedap and just like what I thought it would be. The kids cakap macam makan burger patties but with more flavour. We just ate it like that and will definitely be making this again. Thank you so much Fasha for a wonderful recipe. Fasha's recipe's here :-
American Style Meatloaf
Ingredients
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 egg
1 onion & garlic, chopped and saute in butter till soft
1 cup milk
1 cup dried bread crumbs
A tablespoon worchestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons brown sugar (kalau rasa manis sangat kurangkan)
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/3 cup ketchup
3 boiled eggs
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion,garlic, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs and worchestershire sos. Season with salt and pepper to taste . Place half of the meat in a lightly greased 5x9 inch loaf pan. Press the hardboiled eggs in a row down the middle of the tin. Pack the rest of the meatloaf mixture into the tin. Make sure you cover all the eggs. Smooth the top!
In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
Then it was Chuchore Wiz. Fabulous results too. You can get the step-by-step recipe here. Thanks so much Ija aka Wiz for these delicious morsels. Crunchy and cheesy with the goodness of tofu and veg. Syira said that this is the Western version of our cucur bawang with the addition of cheese. Give me cheese, eggs and tofu anytime and I will be very happy. Variations are endless.....maybe next time I will put some prawns as well as chopped daun ketumbar, kinda like East-Meet-West version.
The keropok lekor without the tepung sagu. Although enough to satisfy the craving, it was not perfect. Rasa macam keropok lekor yang jual kat kantin sekolah kat Malaysia, kalau sejuk keras and liat.Also for the first time attempted to make keropok lekor, sajer nak makan kat rumah. The recipe requires tepung sagu to ensure that the keropok stays soft tapi kat sini mana nak dapat tepung sagu. Pakai jer la tepung ubi so liat la sikit...tengah panas ok, kalau dah sejuk mau tercabut gigi palsu! Anybody has any idea what to substitute for tepung sagu? Ada somebody suggested corn starch but yet to try.
In addition, I tried to make a couscous dish. Dah lama teringin nak buat but only now the itch came when I saw packs of couscous at the Turkish supermarket. Will blog about it in another post.
Other than the cooking frenzy, we went to Hakeem's class Parents-Kids Get Together today organised by the Homeroom Mom. The kids had fun running around playing in the gym. Food was on a potluck basis so everybody brought something. I made karipap and popiah goreng, a watered-down non-spicy version of course since yang nak makan semua Mat Saleh and some Japanese.
Hakeem is quite good at badminton so he was trying to teach one of his best buddies, Emille to play.

Parents-against-kids indoor soccer. The kids were quite good, excellent team work, menderu-deru they come fighting for the ball and passing it amongst them. That goalie there in blue shirt can deliver a mean kick, the ball flew very far.
Dah lama tak pegang racquet badminton, berpeluh jugak main dengan Abah and Hakeem. Abah penat main with a Japanese dad. Although short and kecik molek jer, that guy was very good at it.
Having fun playing bench ball. Team members have to pass the ball to one another and get the member standing on the bench to catch. Kalau dapat, the one yang passed the ball kena naik bench jugak The team with no more members on the court menang. The orange team won.
The food spread including the popiah goreng and karipap. I should have made a lot more sebab somehow they like "exotic" food plus it wasn't spicy.That's all folks. Penatttttt....but puas hati sebab dapat try good recipes yielding wonderful results. Now nak put my feet up in front of the telly, hopefully there's a good movie. Lepas tu nak kena kemas and cuci rumah before retiring for the day sebab esok my cleaning lady will come. The kids bising...."Mama..why must we clean the house for the cleaner? Good question kids! But sorry guys....clean we must!




Orang Malaysia mestila kenan terror main badminton!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun, Shirah and Imran tak ikut skali ker?
Yes you can add so much more in the Chuchore. Mine was pretty basic sebab the kids tak makan sayur sgt, and udang I cant eat. But the best was to use the stale bread and the bread edges.
Cook more cook more!
kakyong...perfect nye karipap awak....so pretty ..i can never make karipaps so pretty like yours...
ReplyDeleteKak Yong dear, glad that you tried & like the Meatloaf. Tu lah macam beef patties kan? Anyway, I have yet to try your popiah basah, tengah menunggu masa yang sesuai nampaknya, sebab nanti I will end up eating it all by myself which is not good. Your Chuchore sungguh cantek, mine was terlalu brown! and oh my, the way Kak YOng kelim karipap tu sungguh mempesonakan ok!! Hahah My karipap buruk sangat, Mak cakap my kelim tu serupa macam gigi fasha & senget2 ni!! Hahha I still remember you told me about the cleaner story! Dia bebel lagi ke kak?
ReplyDeleteKak Fina,
ReplyDeleteAhhhh.. that meatloaf looks super fine! Cooking marathon sungguh ni! Saya je la ketinggalan ketapi, belum cuba lagi Fasha's recipe. Haish.. ni nak kena buat ni!
As for Kak Ija's cucur.. dilemma sungguh ni. I'm not allowed to fry things (cekodok and such, due to high col), except for special occasion. Maybe can do it on my birthday :D
Agree with Fasha, kelim karipap tu tooooo kiut and kemas la! And I also agree with the kids, why have to clean when the cleaning lady's coming lorr? Hehehe!
Ija...I ran out of bread edges so I used up 2 burger buns..he..he..I already tried your tofu choc cake....will blog abt it this weekend..tungguuuuu...
ReplyDeleteIda...thanks. Training Syirah now, dia tu ikut mood, kalau tgh dia moody lepeh jerit kat Hakeem herot benyot kelim dia....
Fasha...sebab tak nak cleaner tu bebel la we all kena jadi cleaner to the cleaner...ha..ha...actually...hu...hu...uwaaaaa....
Aida...cepat, cuba jangan tak cuba Fasha's recipe, senang, cepat dan gerenti sedap! Ada few more of her recipes yg Kak Fina nak try including some of yours. Bab cleaning lady tu....haihhhh....kalau we all tak clean the house for her she'll bebel and report to the owner of the house kata we all tak take care of the house, then owner will bebel 2nd round...I miss my Bibik back home....Bibikkkkkkk......