Back from a loooooooong hiatus ... hard getting the writing juices running but my girls have been bugging me to start blogging again. Since we're cooped up at home due to the Corona virus they practically held a pistol to my head tonight to write again so here I am writing in protest...tee hee heee. I'm especially upset today coz my baby yeast died on me and refused to be resuscitated after 3 weeks in the fridge resulting in a harder than brick Hokkaido Milk Bread and the hubs giggle giggle sarcartically bukannya nak bagi words of encouragement cehhhhhh....so cicah with curry jawabnya tadi to soften it and will try making french toast for breakfast with it esok, will drench it in copious amount of eggs or bread and butter pudding. What to do esok? It's only the 3rd day of restricted movement and we're at wits end nak buat apa. Play with my yeast babies my girls bising. The garang clingy one has asked me to make bombolini so let's see how that goes tomorrow. Did I tell you that the girls also wanted me to write a recipe a day for their reference (as well as mine coz it's all in my head hehehe) I wish I can transfer my brain to them so that I won't have to write but then how lahhh....I asked aruah Opah the same thing transfering the brain part I mean and she just smiled....she cooks based on agak-agak and rasa-rasa which turned out perfect ALL THE TIME I tell ya how lahhhhh.....
So here goes the first recipe
Nasi Tomato Opah
6 pot beras wangi Pearl (this is the best beras for this recipe but one can substitute with other brands)
6 pot air
1 tin susu cair Ideal (ni Opah yang guna brand ni so I just followed can substitute with other brand)
1 tin Heinz cream of tomato soup (again the best choice for this recipe, change if you so wish)
4 ulas bawang merah hiris halus
2 ulas bawang putih hiris halus
1 inci halia hiris halus
2 batang kulit kayu manis
3 kuntum bunga lawang
6 kuntum bunga cnegkih
6 biji buah pelaga
3 helai daun pandan
1 tin sederhana minyak sapi (use pure ghee like QBB not the flavoured one)
garam dalam 2 sudu besar
Gula 1 sudu besar
Optional : 1 cube ayam Maggi/Knorr but when Opah cooked this no need cube cube ni, the nasi tomato is tasty on its own tak caya tanya Hakeem hehehe. But if you do use the cube ayam go easy on the garam, lesen igt by about half a tablespoon coz cube tu masin Yong oiiii
Cara-cara
1)Panaskan minyak sapi
2)Tumis bawang merah, bawang putih, halia dan rempah 4 sekawan
3)Masukkan daun pandan yang disimpul
4)Bila kekuningan, masukkan beras yang telah di basuh dan ditoskan
5)Kacau perlahan sebentar dan masukkan air, garam dan gula
6)Setelah menggelegak, masukkan sus cair dan tomato sup
7)Kacau sekali sekala sehingga kering
8)Tutup periuk dengan aluminium foil dan kemudian dengan penutup periuk agar wap tak keluar
9)Setelah setengah jam, karis (gemburkan) nasi perlahan lahan dan tutup semula supaya butir nasi gebu
10)Siap
No comments:
Post a Comment